Art In A Coffee Cup

BV Doshi – The pioneer of Indian Architecture - Anant National University |  Best Design college/ Institute in Ahmedabad-India.

ART IN A COFFEE CUP:


 PAINT - HARMONY - URBAN

We know that the whole creation is groaning together and suffering labour pains


Paddy Mcaloon

I Trawl The Megahertz

- wrote while recovering from eye surgery for retina detachment that meant he couldn't read. He listened to the radio, was on medication that made him very sleepy, and as he tuned in and out of the voices on the radio he began to imagine music.
- I like this synthesis of life leading to art, authentic inspiration. 

B.V Doshi (Architect)

- I had a 6th sense about Doshi, when I saw his name, before knowing anything about him or his work I knew he would be one of my favorite artists.
- Doshi inspires me not only in my work but in the way I would like to live my life.
- Creates a harmony in his design as well as designing buildings for urban settings.

Steven Meisel (Fashion Photographer)


- I feel like I could just look and look and look at his pictures - for hours. I wish I could hold them in front of me a leaf through them.
- I really like his extensive use of black and white - it's refined, it's glamourous, colour would feel too much.
- you can tell he likes Fellini - he shoots women like Fellini did... somehow.
- the first photograph of his that I ever saw was the Bella Hadid Vouge Cover and I was just like, 'wow this is genius!'
- something about the fashion world with all its clothes and models and photographers and eating disorders and meanness and judgement really scares me. Like it actually frightens me, I feel uneasy looking at the photographs. I admire Meisel's work but feel alienated from it. Which maybe adds to the experience. 

Kate Hawley (Costume Designer)


- she is energetic and full of enthusiasm.
- her extensive research makes the costumes feel very fleshed out - the costumes in the films she's worked on always stand out.  A work of art within a work of art.
- she has flair, she is as much a storyteller with her costume decisions as the writers. You can tell she reads a lot. 
- costume design seems like architecture to me, I like that it is designed to serve a clear purpose. I like that you can take into consideration a characters personality traits and the narrative and build that into the garment. 

Van Gogh


    

Week One Paint - Harmony - Urban


More Experiments

- experiments inspired by Miroco Machiko


- remind me of prints
- cat are a very urban yet traditional animal who seem to maintain a sense of zen amidst the chaos of the city

Week Two

Cutting - Bag





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Provocation: Lars von Trier

Dogme 95 & The Minnesota Declaration

Manifesto